today was the nuchal translucency screen and another glimpse at the parasite. initial results are good (normal and boring as requested), but we won't know the whole picture till the bloodwork comes back. this takes a week. bleh. but in any event, the doctor today was very positive, everything looked normal, and both of us left feeling better than when we came in. my gut feeling is that things are ok. i just want to be right, you know? it's amazing--and i mean AMAZING--how much the little critter moves around. this baby is a full-on thrasher and would not sit still for anything. it turned at one point so we could see the whole spine and the ribcage--that was awesome. it looked like it was trying to put its little hands in its mouth--very cute. i just can't believe that it's really int her, growing inside me, even though i can't feel a thing. the whole proocess is just a little mind blowing. interestingly enough, the hippie's feeling is that we're having a boy. mine is that we're having a girl. neither of us is often wrong about these things, but i guess one of us has to be this time. at least now we've got names for both in mind, just in case...
on the physical side of things for me--so far i haven't thrown up today--a miracle. i am RAVENOUS once i get past that morning nausea, and i am eating like a freakin' horse. i have also lost another pound. the baby is apparently taking whatever it wants from my ample fat stores or something. it's growing like a tiny weed in there--it's about 4 days ahead of its gestational age. go baby, go!
Thursday, October 18, 2007
testing...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Go Baby Go! :)
Glad to hear things went well today--I was thinking about you!
--Meredith
Amazing picture. I can tell he or she is just gorgeous. I'm sure you can see that too! I just wanted to kiss that baby hand.
I know lots of pregnant ladies who fell. Luckily your little one is very well protected. No worries.
Thanks for sharing your site with me. I'll check it regularly!
I heard that eating honey while you are pregant can actually help your baby have a good immune system. I don't know if that is accurate or not, but you might want to check on it in your spare time ;-).
i heard that eating high school cafeteria pizza is very good for developing babies too ! you know, the rectangular kind. and if you can't get that, then a nice square burger from wendy's should do nicely.
:)
That baby has your nose! What a cutie!
cb
Post a Comment